EMV cards, also known as "chip cards," contain a microchip embedded in the plastic card. The chip is encrypted and provides stronger security and protection against counterfeit card fraud. Each transaction is unique, which makes it extremely difficult for the card to be copied or counterfeited. The card will continue to have the magnetic stripe for use at merchants not using new EMV/Chip Card readers/terminals.
- Why has APCI FCU adopted EMV/Chip Card technology?
- How do I change my PIN for my chip MasterCard® credit card?
- What happens if I forget my PIN for my chip MasterCard® credit card?
- Can each cardholder on the same MasterCard® credit card account have a unique PIN?
- Will APCI FCU ATM cards include EMV/Chip technology?